The Republic of the Marshall Islands
A few stats
The Republic of the Marshall Islands consists of 29 atolls each made up of many islets and 5 islands in the central Pacific near the Equator. The total number of islands and islets in the whole Republic is approximately 1,225 spreading across a sea area of over 750,000 square miles. There are only 70 square miles (171 square kilometers) of land. All low lying sand islands with no topography. With population of around 20,000 people, Majuro is the capital of The Marshall Islands.
The weather in the Marshall Islands is tropical - hot and humid, but tempered by trade-winds which prevail throughout the year. The average temperature hovers around the upper 80 degrees Fahrenheit and rarely fluctuates. This is one of the most outstanding features of the climate; in fact, the range between the coolest and the warmest months averages less than 1 degree Fahrenheit. Also interesting is the fact that nights, although they feel cooler, are actually 2-4 degrees warmer than the average daily minimum, this is because the lowest temperatures usually occur during heavy showers in the daytime.
Learn more about The Marshall Islands and its history on Wikipedia.
A waterman’s paradise
The Marshall Islands are one of the most isolated nations in the world, perfectly located in a tropical warm area with a large swell window and consistent trade-winds. Our trip will take you to remote areas where you will be able to enjoy:
- A beautiful and isolated setting
- Some of the clearest water anywhere in the World with underwater visibility of over 200 feet
- Warm, sunny weather and 80 degrees plus water all year long
- Some of the most intact coral reefs in the world with virtually no Human impact
- Isolated and away from civilization – the playground will be ours and ours only
- A world class “above the water” playground
- World class waves – with consistent ground swells and a variety of waves for virtually all levels – 11 plus breaks
- Consistent trade winds that create ideal conditions for Surfing in the mornings, Windsurfing and Kitesurfing with - long right hand reef breaks in the afternoons
- A world class “under the water” playground
- World class fishing with variety and abundance (Marlin, bonefish, Tuna)
- World class diving – the best aquarium in the World and the best part of it – it is all natural
See more on why The Marshalls is a waterman’s dream on our “Activities” section.